Online Survey Sex and Sci — Reeve Connect
Reeve Connect will be shut down on October 31, 2021, while we reimagine and refresh our community forum. Thank you for making Reeve Connect a place where all people living with paralysis come to share their stories, tips, and engage in lively discussions. Stay connected with Reeve as we explore new community platforms and bring you an updated site that will be easier to navigate and accessible for all people living with paralysis. You can follow the Reeve Foundation on social media and sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest news on our initiatives and programs.

Read more

Online Survey Sex and Sci

Gchristian
Gchristian Member Posts: 2

Hello, my name is Gerald Christian and I teach at Middle Tennessee State University. I am currently working on my dissertation for a PhD in health and human performance. I am also a C5-6 quadriplegic for the past 21 years.  I’m in the process of recruiting people with a spinal cord injury for my study on SCI, sex, and stigma.

Research opportunity for people with a SCI. Using a survey, I am conducting research on spinal cord injury, and sex. My research project is designed to help us evaluate physical, psychological, and sociological obstacles to sex for people with spinal cord injuries.  The survey results will contribute to the topic of sex and disability, by showing which area researchers should give more attention to. The results will educate the non-disabled population, in hopes to decrease obstacles to sex for people with spinal cord injuries. Anyone that is 18 years or older that has a SCI is invited to participate in the survey. The research is voluntary and anonymous, the survey takes about 10-15 minutes.  Survey link:  https://mtsu.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bjYoD8vxcWEUyiy  . The more people with a spinal cord injury that take the survey the better, feel free to share with anyone with a SCI.

Gerald Christian, M.Ed. PhD candidate

Health and Human Performance
Middle Tennessee State University