1st Book: "Confined to Align" = Journey to Wellbeing (Mental + Physical) — Reeve Connect
Reeve Connect will be shut down on October 31, 2021, while we reimagine and refresh our community forum. Thank you for making Reeve Connect a place where all people living with paralysis come to share their stories, tips, and engage in lively discussions. Stay connected with Reeve as we explore new community platforms and bring you an updated site that will be easier to navigate and accessible for all people living with paralysis. You can follow the Reeve Foundation on social media and sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest news on our initiatives and programs.

Read more

1st Book: "Confined to Align" = Journey to Wellbeing (Mental + Physical)

10 years after I became paralyzed, I needed a life saving surgery for a pressure sore. Two surgeries were followed by six months of bedrest; eight of those weeks were in a nursing home laying flat on my back 24/7. Through mindfulness and appreciation of the present moment, I was able to understand and control my power of perception, which is the key to wellbeing.  

Confined to Align is my first book and filled with poems on nature and healing, funny bits, and the steps to understanding the power of perception. As I love to quote, "It's not what you look at. It's what you see" (Thoreau). 

Since 2020, many have felt confined, so I have made this personal experience public because I believe it can help. That was my motivation to write this book now on Amazon.