Quadriplegic signatures

raysellersraysellers Posts: 7Member
Name Dropper 5 Likes First Answer First Comment
 I’m curious to how  my fellow quadriplegics deal with the obstacle of signatures in the daily life of life. We often have to sign things everything requires a signature  for approval verification and other things my question to the Quad community  anyways how do you deal with  signatures  I currently battle with this every day Needing people to sign for me has been a huge hassle please share with how you deal with this obstacle

Comments

• BrookeUBrookeU Posts: 108Moderator Moderator
    25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Hey, @raysellers! My brother has a C6-7 complete SCI. He has some use of his hands, but not up to full functionality. He got tendon transfer surgery several years ago, which helped him a lot. Before the surgery, he used two hands to write, and now he uses one in a sort of pinching form. He still can't write perfectly, but he takes a lot of pride in his signature, actually! He embraces the scrawl and uniqueness of it. Obviously I am not recommending surgery just to improve your signature, but that's my brother's experience!

I wonder if getting a customized stamp could help? Especially one that is self-inking.
  • Mnichols23Mnichols23 Posts: 29Moderator Moderator
    10 Comments First Answer Name Dropper 5 Likes
    @raysellers what level are you? I’m a c-5. I have some strength in my wrist also. I have some wrist function on one side. I have someone weave a pen between my fingers and sign. It takes practice 
  • raysellersraysellers Posts: 7Member
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Answer First Comment
    @Mnichols23 I’m c5 I also  have some wrist function  and my hands are more open rather than in a face position so it kind of makes it harder to hold a pen but as @BrookeU  suggested   The self ink stamp might be perfect for my situation Thanks you guys really appreciate the feedback