What do you like to do for fun!?

ZcollieZcollie Posts: 151Moderator Moderator
100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Likes Name Dropper
Living with an SCI can limit some of the things we enjoy doing. I am curios to hear what are some of the things you enjoy doing in your free time that is rewarding or beneficial to you. 
Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be. -SONIA RICOTTI

Comments

• jaarchjaarch Posts: 47Moderator Moderator
    25 Likes 10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    My favorite activity is shooting. I shoot everything from bows, pistols, rifles, and shotguns. I am also into air guns. I have a shooting range on my property where I can shoot my bow and air guns and it's just a quick trip into town to use mt local indoor range for rifles and pistols.
  • ZcollieZcollie Posts: 151Moderator Moderator
    @jaarch That sounds like so much fun!! I am jealous, what a badass hobby. Thanks for sharing(:
    Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be. -SONIA RICOTTI
  • vassoula128vassoula128 Posts: 3Member
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited March 15
  • DimitriDimitri Posts: 4Member
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    I really enjoy flying my drone and shooting video. I used to be heavy in photography and videography before my accident and now it's surreal flying high above everything and everyone. I can see everything from the drones point of view via my phone or a headset. Having the feeling of being out of my chair and soaring high above is amazeballs. My girlfriend got me one for Christmas last year and I've been an addict since.
    @Dimitri That is awesome man! I used to have a drone but ended up selling it. What kind of drone do you have? I might have to look back into getting one. 
    I have the Parrot Anafi. It goes for $549, shoots in 4k, and doesnt have any flight restrictions (no fly zones) as DJI.
    Sweet! I am going to look into it, thanks. 
    edited March 19
    Cool.. Let me know if you have any questions. :) By the way im a fan of your videos. Great work! This August will be my 3rd year in the chair and your videos and attitude really helped and inspired me to keep pushing forward. Keep up the great work man!
  • garrisonreddgarrisonredd Posts: 107Moderator Moderator
    25 Awesomes 25 Likes 10 Comments First Answer
    I like working out 
    @Dimitri Awesome man, thanks! haha. I am happy to hear that they have helped you in a way. I am coming on 9 years in May. I will keep making them!
  • BrookeUBrookeU Posts: 153Moderator Moderator
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    @Dimitri, flying a drone sounds so cool. My brother, who has a spinal cord injury, has gotten pretty into animation stuff recently. He eventually wants to work with virtual reality in ways that would benefit the disability community. Your comment about feeling like you're out of your chair when using the drone made me think of his desire to work with VR!
  • 619Drake619Drake Posts: 18Member
    10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    I enjoy photography. I do a lot of nature and animal photography around the San Diego area. Two of my favorite places are the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park 
    I have a photostream on Flickr where I display my photos.
    @619Drake That is awesome! I will have to check out some of your pictures(:
  • WAGSofSCIWAGSofSCI Posts: 232Moderator Moderator
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes First Answer
    My husbands favourite thing to do is wine tasting! He recently completed his Level 2 WSET education in Wine and he has quite the palate since becoming injured. He found that his taste and sensory function in his mouth was heightened after he became a quad (C4) so he really loves tasting wine because he’s so good at it now! It’s become his new passion and we plan trips around this too as well as go out to tastings at restaurants. He also likes to go to free wine tastings at local liquor stores because you can try a bunch of expensive wines without buying (or drinking) the whole bottle! 

He also has found that since he drjnks mostly red wines now that he actually drinks less than he used to, and he has also lost some weight that he had gained from being sedentary Over the years. 

- Brooke 
    Your WAGS of SCI
    (Elena and Brooke)
  • Mnichols23Mnichols23 Posts: 35Moderator Moderator
    10 Comments 5 Awesomes First Answer Name Dropper
    @Dimitri  what level of injury are you? I’ve always wanted to try flying drones but I don’t have much hand dexterity. 

As simple  as it sounds I love taking my dog for a walk.  It’s one of the few times I don’t need anybody to help me and it gives me a feeling of independence That I don’t usually get.
    @Mnichols23 That is crazy you say that. One of the things I can do on my own is take my dog on a walk as well. I really enjoy doing that with her. She is my service dog. Her name is Sedona and she is a yellow lab. I don't even have to have her on a leash, she will just follow me.  
    @Mnichols23 I'm a T4 complete and I've seen a couple of quads fly. If you need help you can ask a friend to control the height while you control the path. Also, if the analog sticks are too small you can diy them to make them taller.