#reeveseeus — Reeve Connect
Reeve en Español
Comunidad de información y apoyo para las personas que viven con parálisis y sus cuidadores en español.

#reeveseeus

In 2006, I was struck with transverse myelitis, a rare inflammation which paralyzed me at level T10 of the spine. A lot of things became uncertain including my future, “who” I was and life in general.  But I decided to spend the next 12.5 years going on with life and accomplishing things as I normally would have, even if I wasn’t in a wheelchair.  That includes having two kids and being the CEO of my household.  My family forgets that I have a disability because I wear so many hats 🎩and do absolutely everything (stay-at-home Moms out there, do you hear me?!?! 🙌😂)!!  I’m the family chauffeur 👩🏻‍✈️, the family 👩🏻‍🍳chef, the nurse that heals boo-boos 👩‍⚕️, the home 🏠organizer, the family planner 📆, the tutor 📓, the family cheerleader📣.  I’m the Wife of Prince Charming.  A Mother.  A Daughter.  A Sister.  A BFF to some really amazing women.  Swimmer 🏊‍♀️.  Advocate. Motivater.  Artist/painter👩🏻‍🎨.  Fashion/glamour lover💄👠.  First-time mono-skier.  The truth is, I’m still Aimee, the same person I always was, life is great and the future looks bright!  #ReeveSeeUs