How to REQUEST for an Automatic Door Opener

WAGSofSCIWAGSofSCI ModeratorPosts: 301Moderator Moderator
100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes First Answer
Hey guys and gals,

My boyfriend and I live in a building that does not have an accessible door opener even though we have accessible parking spots in our underground parking. Dan struggles to open the heavy doors to our building and in fact there s a double door on the side, meaning he has to gain access to Fort Knox. 
There are 3 wheelchair/ walker users in our building, and we are wondering if requesting for an instillation is going to be a big undertaking. 

Has anyone had any experience with this and if so, what did you do? We live in Canada so the rules make be slightly different but all information and ideas are welcome!

Thanks so much,

Elena
Your WAGS of SCI
(Elena and Brooke)

Comments

• ZcollieZcollie Moderator Posts: 186Moderator Moderator
    100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Likes Name Dropper
    @WAGSofSCI Hey Elena, I use a door opener by a company called Open Sesame. It is attached to my door and I have a button I keep on my keys that I just push to open the door for me. Here is a link to the website if you want to check it out. http://www.opensesamedoor.com Hopefully you can get it in Canada. 
    Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be. -SONIA RICOTTI