Hand Controls On A Rental Car

WAGSofSCIWAGSofSCI Posts: 259Moderator Moderator
100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes First Answer
Hi All

We do not own hand controls as my husband is working toward getting back on the road. We are super new to how this all works and I am wondering if anyone travels places WITH their hand controls and uses them on rental cars?

We are hoping to go back to Italy and are wondering if we CAN bring some hand controls and if they work on all standard cars? Also - are there different insurances required if used on a rental vehicle?

Any advice or experiences please let us know

Brooke (WAGS of SCI)
Your WAGS of SCI
(Elena and Brooke)

Comments

• BrittanyFrankBrittanyFrank Posts: 35Moderator Moderator
    10 Comments 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    I don't know about international travel, but within the United States car rentals have hand controls, they just need advance notice to have them installed properly. I like to call a day or two in advance just to make sure they have the hand controls so I don't end up in a bind or waiting for the proper installation. There's no extra fees for the hand controls and car renters insurance is always an option, but it should be a standard rate. 
  • WAGSofSCIWAGSofSCI Posts: 259Moderator Moderator
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes First Answer
    @BrittanyFrank
    Thank you! This is so helpful. My husband has always wanted to rent a car when we go away so this makes it easier. If anyone else has any insight on internationally, please comment below as well!- Brooke
    Your WAGS of SCI
    (Elena and Brooke)