Leg Spasms — Reeve Connect
Reeve Connect will be shut down on October 31, 2021, while we reimagine and refresh our community forum. Thank you for making Reeve Connect a place where all people living with paralysis come to share their stories, tips, and engage in lively discussions. Stay connected with Reeve as we explore new community platforms and bring you an updated site that will be easier to navigate and accessible for all people living with paralysis. You can follow the Reeve Foundation on social media and sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest news on our initiatives and programs.

Read more

Leg Spasms

heelahip
heelahip Member Posts: 2
Photogenic
I am nurse in the health care industry for 35 years with a National specialty/certification in Preventing Pressure ulcers, and Ostomy and Incontinence skin care for 22 years.  So,  about 10 years ago I struggled to provide heel offloading to a client who had received 'bad care' with 'good intent'.  Getting creative I started carving foam with a #10 blade from a wheel chair cushion to help elderly patient.  This obviously lead to the development of Heelahip, which has been being sold by Performance Health for the past 6 years.  Over that time,  I have been personally helping people and providing heelahip to support and assist with Leg Spasms especially at night.  Accepting suggestions from patients with paralysis, we narrowed heelahip to a max width of 9" to provide leg support not only when Back lying but also Side lying.                                     http://www.spasticlegs.com       or        www.heelahip.com
My interest is to let this group know there is a new product which can help support spasms when sleeping.             Thank you!