Introduction of myself — Reeve Connect
Reeve Connect will be shut down on October 31, 2021, while we reimagine and refresh our community forum. Thank you for making Reeve Connect a place where all people living with paralysis come to share their stories, tips, and engage in lively discussions. Stay connected with Reeve as we explore new community platforms and bring you an updated site that will be easier to navigate and accessible for all people living with paralysis. You can follow the Reeve Foundation on social media and sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest news on our initiatives and programs.

Read more

Introduction of myself

In a few songs by the Beatles , they used to introduce themselves , so pick  your lyric and you have my introduction. I grew up in N.J. , not far from where Christopher Reeve grew up and in the same time period. I am about a year younger than he. I know he has passed, but is very much alive due to his great push in his last 10 years of his life ! Had he been a lower level injury, likely he would still be alive today. I have been injured since age 27, back in 1981.  In May 1995 I wrote to his brother Ben Reeve and I am sure I was one of many. It was a get well and look into curing paralysis letter. My real name is Daniel A. Thomson , but I usually use the name Paul  Dudd. So at age 65, I still feel okay for a c-5--c-6 level injury . I take no pride in being injured. I have been engaged to the same girl for 35 years now and we keep a mutual agreement ''only to marry if we walk our wedding aisle'' ! To most it sounds weird, so I refer to her as my wife or sometimes ex-wife. The most amazing miracle , we keep in touch, her in Japan and me in the U.S.A.. An interesting love, being the history and differences between our two countries. I miss wood working the most , 2nd automotive mechanic work and 3rd , salt water fishing. For fun, I miss simple things, doing favors for people, wrestling my dog, shooting backyard hoops, pool , horse shoes , bicycling, archery and bird hunting. Also ease of traveling  and cheering up a friend that is down.  One last thing , I got a life long education being injured and met a few different kind of a genius people I would have never met had I not been paralyzed.