What Sports do you participate in?

garrisonreddgarrisonredd ModeratorPosts: 122Moderator Moderator
25 Awesomes 25 Likes 10 Comments First Answer
Please share some of the sports you play.

Comments

• BrittanyFrankBrittanyFrank Moderator Posts: 46Moderator Moderator
    10 Comments 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Likes

This is one sport and activity that is a little uncommon. I didn't find out about it until about 2 years after my accident. There's lots of awareness for downhill skiing, but this is cross-country skiing. I was a runner before and so It was a significant loss after my SCI. I tried all kind of different sports, but it wasn't until I tried mountain boarding (the summer version of xc skiing) that I was able to fill the hole that running left.

I get a lot of questions about my board online. The board is from https://www.mbs.com/ and I had the seat custom made and mounted onto the board, but it also has adaptations for my skis. Then I use ski poles to propel myself forward & uphill and have a break to keep me from goin out of control on the downhills. 

This sport is probably the toughest cardio workout I've found since my accident and I'm forever grateful for those who helped me find it - it truly changed my life and my recovery. 
  • corajenkinscorajenkins Posts: 1Member
    First Comment
    Baseball, Hockey, badminton, volleyball, and tennis. I think you have to enjoy the sport to get good at it. 
  • SterlionSterlion Moderator Posts: 77Moderator Moderator
    25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Ive played basketball in the past. It was cool at times but hard to compete with paras as a quad. I plan to start playing rugby in the fall. I'm actually pretty stoked about it. Unfortunately I have to go to another state to find a team.