Scott's Driving System — Reeve Connect
Reeve Connect will be shut down on October 31, 2021, while we reimagine and refresh our community forum. Thank you for making Reeve Connect a place where all people living with paralysis come to share their stories, tips, and engage in lively discussions. Stay connected with Reeve as we explore new community platforms and bring you an updated site that will be easier to navigate and accessible for all people living with paralysis. You can follow the Reeve Foundation on social media and sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest news on our initiatives and programs.

Read more

Scott's Driving System

Zcollie
Zcollie Moderator Posts: 239 Moderator
100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes First Anniversary
edited October 2019 in Relationships
I am a c4 quad and have been in a chair for almost 10 years. Last week I officially got my adaptive car delivered to my house so I can start driving. It is so amazing and was completely paid for by department of rehab. For those of you on here that drive with a Scott's System how do you like it? Any tips or tricks for me. My hand controls are very sensitive so I am trying to get used to it, but I know that will change with practice. Does anyone drive and struggle with spasms? I have pretty crazy spasms sometimes and I am worried of spasming while I am driving. 
Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be. -SONIA RICOTTI

Comments

• WAGSofSCI
    WAGSofSCI Moderator Posts: 379 Moderator
    100 Awesomes 100 Likes 100 Comments First Anniversary
    @Zcollie
    So happy for you! Do you have a link to any videos you have done showing what its like?? I saw one photo on instagram but video. It would be helpful as Im super interested in seeing how it works and looks! - Brooke 
    Your WAGS of SCI
    (Elena and Brooke)
  • Zcollie
    @WAGSofSCI Thank you! I am so excited and happy! Yes, I will be making a video of how I use everything and me driving it in the next week or two. (: 
    Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be. -SONIA RICOTTI
  • Zcollie
    @WAGSofSCI

Here is the video of my car in case you haven't seen it yet.

• ambercollie
    ambercollie Moderator Posts: 191 Moderator
    100 Comments 25 Awesomes Second Anniversary 25 Likes
    @Zcollie wow it’s been almost a year of you driving!