Let's talk SHOES!

One thing I wasn't prepared after paralysis for was my wardrobe change. In the hospital I had no clothes with me after my accident. After I graduated from the hospital gown, I started wearing mismatch of t-shirts and sweats. First I wore moon boots then graduated to mismatch tennis shoes.

Upon arriving home, I realized finding adapted clothes after my accident was a huge adjustment. Shoes & pants seemed to be the most difficult items to find. Especially items to wear when you go back to school & work.

Winter boots were so difficult to find because of atrophied legs. Recently, I found a British company, called Duo Boots, that make boots based on shoe size AND calf size. So if you're looking for stylish boots that fit your legs and zip down far enough to get paralyzed feet in. 

Has anyone else found shoes that work with paralysis?

Comments

• ZcollieZcollie Posts: 209Moderator Moderator
    100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Likes Name Dropper
    I like Vans, Nike, and Sketchers shoes. Never had a issue or problem with those brands. I always buy a half size bigger because by feet tend to swell as the day goes on. 
    Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be. -SONIA RICOTTI