I GOT MY CAR! — Reeve Connect
Reeve Connect will be shut down on October 31, 2021, while we reimagine and refresh our community forum. Thank you for making Reeve Connect a place where all people living with paralysis come to share their stories, tips, and engage in lively discussions. Stay connected with Reeve as we explore new community platforms and bring you an updated site that will be easier to navigate and accessible for all people living with paralysis. You can follow the Reeve Foundation on social media and sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest news on our initiatives and programs.

Read more

I GOT MY CAR!

Zcollie
Zcollie Moderator Posts: 239 Moderator
100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes First Anniversary
I am a c-4 incomplete quadriplegic. I have been paralyzed for 9 years and for the past 2 years have been in the process of getting a vehicle and hand controls through Department of Rehab. I finally got it! Check out the video I made and of me driving it. Let me know what you think. 

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be. -SONIA RICOTTI

Comments

• ambercollie
    ambercollie Moderator Posts: 191 Moderator
    100 Comments 25 Awesomes Second Anniversary 25 Likes
    @Zcollie I’m still soaking this news in! Process took a couple years but wow worth the wait!
    Plus your more mature now to get on the craZy streets!
  • kkarisuma27
    kkarisuma27 Member Posts: 16
    10 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I really like your car .  :) 
  • Zcollie
    Zcollie Moderator Posts: 239 Moderator
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes First Anniversary
    @kkarisuma27 Thank you. I love it too! Haha
    Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be. -SONIA RICOTTI
  • leksa
    leksa Member Posts: 12
    10 Comments
    I loved your story. Even though you had to wait two years it was certainly worth it. I think that it is fantastic that you are so independent with your new car. I am also impressed with the way that the car is set up so that you can drive it. That may not have been possible 10 years ago. I was extremely fortunate that last month someone gave me their older wheelchair van. Mine is 14 years old with 70,000 miles on it. I cannot wait to go on some adventures.