Quads: What Kind of Wheelchair Cushion do you have and are you happy with it? — Reeve Connect
Reeve Connect will be shut down on October 31, 2021, while we reimagine and refresh our community forum. Thank you for making Reeve Connect a place where all people living with paralysis come to share their stories, tips, and engage in lively discussions. Stay connected with Reeve as we explore new community platforms and bring you an updated site that will be easier to navigate and accessible for all people living with paralysis. You can follow the Reeve Foundation on social media and sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest news on our initiatives and programs.

Read more

Quads: What Kind of Wheelchair Cushion do you have and are you happy with it?

WAGSofSCI
WAGSofSCI Moderator Posts: 379 Moderator
100 Awesomes 100 Likes 100 Comments First Anniversary
Hey All

My husband has been trying out a new Ride cushion for his power chair.. its super hard foam with a hole in the bum area for zero weight on the IT bands. When I sit on it though, its terribly uncomfortable and because he cant feel, im wondering if its the wrong cushion for him

He had a fusion Gel cushion before that he was happy with that pressure mapped well. His OT wants him to try this new one as its "new technology" and would help him be more stable than gel. 

I am interested to see what cushions YOU have and what works for you? Any new cushion styles out there as of 2019?

Thanks!

Brooke 
Your WAGS of SCI
(Elena and Brooke)

Comments

• mtty_el
    mtty_el Member Posts: 4
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    I use a roho  High profile cushion. It distributes my body  weight well  I think it's comfortable. I've been using one for years now. I know there are Newer and better cushions but I can be a creature of habit.
  • Sterlion
    Sterlion Moderator Posts: 109 Moderator
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Likes 5 Awesomes
    I also use a roho. Funny that the OT mentioned "new technology" for the new cushion. That's exactly what mine said about the same one. I used it for a couple of days and went back to the roho. It takes weight off the bum but wherever it was going gave me AD.
  • Quad2020
    Quad2020 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    I use a Roho Quadtro Select high profile cushion and I am very happy with it. I was having skin issues with previous foam and gel cushions that I tried. Since I switched to the Roho cushion, that is no longer really a problem.
  • kurtis_gross
    kurtis_gross Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    The high profile Roho has been the only thing that has worked for me as well.
  • ambercollie
    ambercollie Moderator Posts: 191 Moderator
    100 Comments 25 Awesomes Second Anniversary 25 Likes
    My son uses a 4 inch Roho for 10 years has never had a pressure sore 
  • stephanie426
    stephanie426 Moderator Posts: 81 Moderator
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    I am late to the conversation on this one, but I use a Tru Comfort cushion and I adore it. It feels like memory foam for my butt!