Quads: What Kind of Wheelchair Cushion do you have and are you happy with it?

WAGSofSCIWAGSofSCI Posts: 338Moderator Moderator
100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes First Answer
Hey All

My husband has been trying out a new Ride cushion for his power chair.. its super hard foam with a hole in the bum area for zero weight on the IT bands. When I sit on it though, its terribly uncomfortable and because he cant feel, im wondering if its the wrong cushion for him

He had a fusion Gel cushion before that he was happy with that pressure mapped well. His OT wants him to try this new one as its "new technology" and would help him be more stable than gel. 

I am interested to see what cushions YOU have and what works for you? Any new cushion styles out there as of 2019?

Thanks!

Brooke 
Your WAGS of SCI
(Elena and Brooke)

Comments

• mtty_elmtty_el Posts: 4Member
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    I use a roho  High profile cushion. It distributes my body  weight well  I think it's comfortable. I've been using one for years now. I know there are Newer and better cushions but I can be a creature of habit.
  • SterlionSterlion Posts: 84Moderator Moderator
    25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I also use a roho. Funny that the OT mentioned "new technology" for the new cushion. That's exactly what mine said about the same one. I used it for a couple of days and went back to the roho. It takes weight off the bum but wherever it was going gave me AD.