Some helpful New Tools for Supporting Babies and Wheelchairing Parents...

heatherkrillheatherkrill Posts: 33Moderator Moderator
10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
Recent connection made via the Reeve Foundation blog.  Figured I would share here!  

Nice to meet you!  Here are some pictures of the baby log carrier this weekend-  I used it when she was really tiny - only the first few months. 
I'm also happy to share other key baby items I adore(d), including:
the Halo Bassinest Swivel Sleeper the sides can be pushed down making it easy to pick up the baby
the lapbaby

Comments

• BrittanyFrankBrittanyFrank Posts: 57Moderator Moderator
    10 Comments 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    You made that? You are way more handy than I am, I just bought my slings. My favorites were the Solly Baby wrap and WildBird sling was by far the easiest to get on and off and adjustable! 

I second the Halo Bassinest Swivel Sleeper! It's adjustable to multiple heights depending on your chair or bed and the side bar was a life saver! I also used a docatot on the couch ground or bed and an easy way to transfer in and out. 

There's lots more tips, but I'm starting to forget them already since my son is two now.

• BrittanyFrankBrittanyFrank Posts: 57Moderator Moderator
    10 Comments 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Likes
  • heatherkrillheatherkrill Posts: 33Moderator Moderator
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Well, I didn't make it, my wonderful mother in law did, based  on the one another para mom friend had made 15 years ago-- when there really wasn't a lot out there.  I love your sling.  Geoff struggled putting those on by himself because of balance issues and lack of abs.  He always felt like he was going to drop the baby, so moving them safely from one spot to another with the log carrier is essentially all it was used for-- those very early months before he could scoop them up by their overalls, once the neck control became existent.  Theirs, not Geoff's :)