What Do You Drive? — Reeve Connect
Reeve Connect will be shut down on October 31, 2021, while we reimagine and refresh our community forum. Thank you for making Reeve Connect a place where all people living with paralysis come to share their stories, tips, and engage in lively discussions. Stay connected with Reeve as we explore new community platforms and bring you an updated site that will be easier to navigate and accessible for all people living with paralysis. You can follow the Reeve Foundation on social media and sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest news on our initiatives and programs.

Read more

What Do You Drive?

BrittanyFrank
BrittanyFrank Moderator Posts: 65 Moderator
Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
We are currently on the market for a new car. What do you drive and how is it adapted? Any tips and tricks are welcome? I wish they still made Honda Elements any drivers out there?

Comments

• Zcollie
    Zcollie Moderator Posts: 239 Moderator
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I just got a 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan. I am really liking it and the space it has inside. I can do a complete 360 in there in my power chair. I have a Scott's Driving System. I drive everything from one hand. 

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be. -SONIA RICOTTI
  • Sterlion
    Sterlion Moderator Posts: 109 Moderator
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Likes 5 Awesomes
    I drive one of the at conversion trucks. I'm not sure what you liked about the element but honda has a new vehicle as well as ford that are similar to that. (pictured below)

Image result for wheelchair accessible suvImage result for wheelchair accessible suv
  • Zcollie
    Zcollie Moderator Posts: 239 Moderator
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes First Anniversary
    @Sterlion Awesome car! Do you transfer into the drivers seat when you drive? I like the suicide doors. 
    Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be. -SONIA RICOTTI
  • Sterlion
    Sterlion Moderator Posts: 109 Moderator
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Likes 5 Awesomes
    @Zcollie
    I drive from my wheelchair. That might be an option if I had a van, but its a lot more smooth and faster getting in and out of a truck.