Kitchen Reno must-haves — Reeve Connect
Reeve Connect will be shut down on October 31, 2021, while we reimagine and refresh our community forum. Thank you for making Reeve Connect a place where all people living with paralysis come to share their stories, tips, and engage in lively discussions. Stay connected with Reeve as we explore new community platforms and bring you an updated site that will be easier to navigate and accessible for all people living with paralysis. You can follow the Reeve Foundation on social media and sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest news on our initiatives and programs.

Read more

Kitchen Reno must-haves

WAGSofSCI
WAGSofSCI Moderator Posts: 379 Moderator
100 Awesomes 100 Likes 100 Comments First Anniversary
Those who have accessible kitchens or those who have renovated recently- What are your kitchen Reno MUST DOs? 

What big items could you not live without?

let us know! 

Brooke
Your WAGS of SCI
(Elena and Brooke)

Comments

• stephanie426
    stephanie426 Moderator Posts: 81 Moderator
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    I haven't done a renovation yet, but since my fiance & I are building an accessible home we definitely have a list of kitchen must haves after checking out a BUNCH of accessible kitchens:

1. Under counter microwave! Having a microwave that is nice and low, positioned under our kitchen counters is going to be AMAZING!

2. Roll under sink. 

3. Kitchen counters at different heights.  

4. Oven built into the wall at wheelchair height to make baking a breeze.  

5. Drawers! Cupboards are a pain, so we'll be doing drawers for kitchen storage.  
  • BrittanyFrank
    BrittanyFrank Moderator Posts: 65 Moderator
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Side swinging oven! I've seen different ones out there and tried one and it's truly magical!
  • Sterlion
    Sterlion Moderator Posts: 109 Moderator
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Likes 5 Awesomes
    @harmonxjim33 @BrittanyFrank @stephanie426
    Do any of you have any knowledge on an accessible refrigerator? Or is just putting everything on the door our best option?