Wheelchair Tire Size — Reeve Connect
Reeve Connect will be shut down on October 31, 2021, while we reimagine and refresh our community forum. Thank you for making Reeve Connect a place where all people living with paralysis come to share their stories, tips, and engage in lively discussions. Stay connected with Reeve as we explore new community platforms and bring you an updated site that will be easier to navigate and accessible for all people living with paralysis. You can follow the Reeve Foundation on social media and sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest news on our initiatives and programs.

Read more

Wheelchair Tire Size

LAWDOG
LAWDOG Member Posts: 1
I am an active wheelchair user, who is a paraplegic for the past 22 years.  I have always used 24" tires, but I'm thinking of going up to 25".  Any thoughts on which size is better?

Comments

• JPower
    JPower Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    I think it depends on the person. If you're used to 24 inches then there must be a good reason to switch to 25 inches. I hope whatever you do it results in more comfort, because you deserve it  :) A friend of mine from https://www.bestchoiceroofingservices.com/ got a temporary 25 inch wheelchair after falling off a roof during roofing services and he said it was great. Arm length might be another factor.