Halloween Costumes this Year? — Reeve Connect
Reeve Connect will be shut down on October 31, 2021, while we reimagine and refresh our community forum. Thank you for making Reeve Connect a place where all people living with paralysis come to share their stories, tips, and engage in lively discussions. Stay connected with Reeve as we explore new community platforms and bring you an updated site that will be easier to navigate and accessible for all people living with paralysis. You can follow the Reeve Foundation on social media and sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest news on our initiatives and programs.

Read more

Halloween Costumes this Year?

stephanie426
stephanie426 Moderator Posts: 81 Moderator
10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
Hey Everyone!

Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday and I have every intention of celebrating, even if that means just dressing up and hanging out in my house this year! 

I am all about costumes and I am so excited to see that Target is expanding their line of adaptive costumes to include even more costumes this year, and even with adult sizes! 

I am not one to buy my costumes because I LOVE making my own costumes that incorporate my wheelchair. In the past I have been Princess Peach Mario Kart style where I dressed in a pink fluffy dress with a crown and all, then put 3 balloons on the back of my pink wheelchair and even had fake turtle shells to complete the look. Last year I was Sansa from Game of Thrones and turned my wheelchair into a throne. Who knows what I'll be this year! 

What will you all be? I loved seeing the other halloween post with pictures of costumes from previous years, but what are your plans for this year? 

Comments

• stephanie426
    stephanie426 Moderator Posts: 81 Moderator
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer

As a quick update,  after a busy month of getting married and losing our dog on our wedding day (and searching for him for 4 days afterward!!), my husband and I went simple this year as Daphne and Fred from Scooby Doo! 

What did you do? 
  • heatherkrill
    heatherkrill Moderator Posts: 107 Moderator
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Awesomes
    Love your costumes!!!  Congratulations on your wedding and finding your pup!  We let our kids dress up this year, but COVID left us rather costumeless for once-- My husband Geoff LOVES Halloween.  But here are two of our favorites to make you smile!