Staying Busy — Reeve Connect
Reeve Summit 2021: Where Care, Cure and Community Connect | Virtual Conference | April 27-29, 2021
Register now!
Reeve en Español
Comunidad de información y apoyo para las personas que viven con parálisis y sus cuidadores en español.

Staying Busy

ianmal3
ianmal3 Moderator Posts: 4 Moderator
Second Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
What is everyone doing to stay healthy and occupied during these unprecedented times?

Comments

• Sterlion
    Sterlion Moderator Posts: 105 Moderator
    Second Anniversary 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Awesomes
    Getting out and pushing as much as possible. Using the standing frame has been good as well. How about yourself? @ianmal3
  • ianmal3
    ianmal3 Moderator Posts: 4 Moderator
    Second Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited November 2020
    I have been staying busy with classes and physical therapy. I've been able to ride my RTI bike and stay active at home. Glad to hear you are doing well! @Sterlion
  • Brandilane1
    Brandilane1 Member Posts: 14
    First Comment Photogenic
    I am working 11 hours a day from home but start my day with an hour long hot bath and then a 2 minute cold rinse. I take a lunch and do yoga/weights/stretch for an hour. I started a plant based diet 4 weeks ago. Feeling strong and amazing right now!  I also broke down and ordered a standing frame glider. It’s not here yet but soon I will be invincible ☺️ .  
  • ambercollie
    ambercollie Moderator Posts: 168 Moderator
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Likes 5 Awesomes
    @Brandilane1 a hour long daily bath, that sounds amazing!  We don’t have a bath tub it’s now a roll in shower. I’m saving $ to convert our other smaller shower. Being in water is so relaxing and something I really Love!
    My daughter is vegan and diabetic I’m concerned she doesn’t get enough protein what do you eat for protein and do you take vitamin B-12 or vitamin D? 
  • Brandilane1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Amber, 
    i eat beans, legumes, nuts, seeds, protein powder and of course the vegetables have protein as well. 
  • Brandilane1
    First Comment Photogenic
    I also take flora, dmannose, a woman’s one day vitamin and 3 drops of minerals in my water once per day.  The bath is always the highlight of my day. I worked and saved very hard to get a tub and rollin shower. It can be done so don’t give up!
  • ambercollie
    ambercollie Moderator Posts: 168 Moderator
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Likes 5 Awesomes
    Thanks for the tips and encouragement can’t wait to have a bath on those extra  long hard days!