Staying Busy — Reeve Connect
Reeve Connect will be shut down on October 31, 2021, while we reimagine and refresh our community forum. Thank you for making Reeve Connect a place where all people living with paralysis come to share their stories, tips, and engage in lively discussions. Stay connected with Reeve as we explore new community platforms and bring you an updated site that will be easier to navigate and accessible for all people living with paralysis. You can follow the Reeve Foundation on social media and sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest news on our initiatives and programs.

Read more

Staying Busy

ianmal3
ianmal3 Moderator Posts: 4 Moderator
Second Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
What is everyone doing to stay healthy and occupied during these unprecedented times?

Comments

• Sterlion
    Sterlion Moderator Posts: 109 Moderator
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Likes 5 Awesomes
    Getting out and pushing as much as possible. Using the standing frame has been good as well. How about yourself? @ianmal3
  • ianmal3
    ianmal3 Moderator Posts: 4 Moderator
    Second Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited November 2020
    I have been staying busy with classes and physical therapy. I've been able to ride my RTI bike and stay active at home. Glad to hear you are doing well! @Sterlion
  • Brandilane1
    Brandilane1 Member Posts: 21
    10 Comments Photogenic
    I am working 11 hours a day from home but start my day with an hour long hot bath and then a 2 minute cold rinse. I take a lunch and do yoga/weights/stretch for an hour. I started a plant based diet 4 weeks ago. Feeling strong and amazing right now!  I also broke down and ordered a standing frame glider. It’s not here yet but soon I will be invincible ☺️ .  
  • ambercollie
    ambercollie Moderator Posts: 191 Moderator
    100 Comments 25 Awesomes Second Anniversary 25 Likes
    @Brandilane1 a hour long daily bath, that sounds amazing!  We don’t have a bath tub it’s now a roll in shower. I’m saving $ to convert our other smaller shower. Being in water is so relaxing and something I really Love!
    My daughter is vegan and diabetic I’m concerned she doesn’t get enough protein what do you eat for protein and do you take vitamin B-12 or vitamin D? 
  • Brandilane1
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Amber, 
    i eat beans, legumes, nuts, seeds, protein powder and of course the vegetables have protein as well. 
  • Brandilane1
    10 Comments Photogenic
    I also take flora, dmannose, a woman’s one day vitamin and 3 drops of minerals in my water once per day.  The bath is always the highlight of my day. I worked and saved very hard to get a tub and rollin shower. It can be done so don’t give up!
  • ambercollie
    ambercollie Moderator Posts: 191 Moderator
    100 Comments 25 Awesomes Second Anniversary 25 Likes
    Thanks for the tips and encouragement can’t wait to have a bath on those extra  long hard days!