Accessible Wedding During COVID — Reeve Connect
Reeve Summit 2021: Where Care, Cure and Community Connect | Virtual Conference | April 27-29, 2021
Register now!
Reeve en Español
Comunidad de información y apoyo para las personas que viven con parálisis y sus cuidadores en español.

Accessible Wedding During COVID

stephanie426
stephanie426 Moderator Posts: 68 Moderator
10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
On Oct. 23rd, my husband & I got married! It was NOT the day we dreamed of as our 200 guests were cut down to 30 in person guests and everyone else on Zoom, but the worst part was that our dog ran away 40 minutes before the ceremony when we was spooked by a man in a mask! We spent our wedding night and 4 days afterwards searching for him, but thankfully,  we got him!!

Now that we're all back together,  I wanted to share a bit of our wedding with you.  We got married at our church which has a ramp to the stage and has enough room at the stage for everyone to social distance during the ceremony, and plenty of space for 30 people to always be 6 feet apart.  We used a company called Wedfuly to coordinate the virtual part of our wedding so over 150 could be a part of our day! We had a virtual reception which allowed everyone to watch our first dance and guests from around the world participated in a big group dance! We had captioning and interpreters so our Deaf guests could have access to communication and we had an audio description line so guests with vision disabilities could call in and hear the visual details of our wedding!

We don't have all of our professional photos yet, but here's a look at our day