What are you grateful for BECAUSE of the pandemic? — Reeve Connect
Reeve en Español
Comunidad de información y apoyo para las personas que viven con parálisis y sus cuidadores en español.
COVID-19 Vaccine Survey
Please take this short survey about the COVID-19 vaccine and the paralysis community, which will help us advocate and educate others about the vaccine. This is a voluntary survey.

What are you grateful for BECAUSE of the pandemic?

julieedge
julieedge Member Posts: 3
Name Dropper First Comment
edited December 2020 in COVID-19 Concerns
It seems like most of the news about the pandemic is negative, but I have seen a number of positives that benefit a person with a disability. What has been your experience? Any positives because of the pandemic in your life? 

Comments

• Resilience
    Resilience Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    As a family caregiver - Prioritizing time for myself so I can give of myself to others. Starting a mindfulness practice that has helped me be clearer, more focused and more balanced. As a result of this.....appreciating my family more, seeing how hard they are trying without getting wrapped up in my exhaustion, being grateful for the quality time with my husband who is 2 years now in a wheelchair. Letting go of anything not important and taking this precious time to reset our lives. Finally being grateful for how lucky we are when so many others are less fortunate. 
  • julieedge
    @Resilience so lovely. Thank you for sharing your experience. Just because life slows down doesn’t mean there isn’t beauty, intimacy, caring, and life. In fact there might just be more!
  • stephanie426
    stephanie426 Moderator Posts: 64 Moderator
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    As much as I miss seeing people in person, I am very thankful that everyone is accepting remote work and video meeting technology. I think this opens the door to a lot more opportunities for people with disabilities who benefit from working at home. I know that I really love being able to go to the bathroom in the comfort of my own home rather than at my office! 
  • julieedge
    stephanie426 thanks for your comment. I agree that work has become more feasible with online collaboration. I’m a life coach and find zoom coaching to work really well and my bathroom issues aren’t on display. Hopefully remote workers will be viewed positively even after more offices reopen.