Research Study about Peer Support — Reeve Connect
Reeve Summit 2021: Where Care, Cure and Community Connect | Virtual Conference | April 27-29, 2021
Register now!
Reeve en Español
Comunidad de información y apoyo para las personas que viven con parálisis y sus cuidadores en español.

Research Study about Peer Support

joyful
joyful Member Posts: 1

Hello! My name is Joy McLeod. I am the family member of an individual who sustained a spinal cord injury in Ontario, Canada, and a student at Carleton University. I am reaching out to you today to tell you about the research I am conducting, which was motivated by my lived experience as a caregiver, as you may find it to be of interest to you. My supervisor, Dr. Chris Davis, and I have created a study to learn more about the experience with peer support among individuals living with spinal cord injury. For example, we are hoping to learn what aspects of peer relationships people find most (or least) valuable, how these relationships relate to well-being, and whether any aspects of these relationships have changed, and how, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Participants will be entered to win 1 of 3 $50 gift cards. The estimated odds of winning are 1 in 50. 

In order to participate, you must:

1) Have sustained a spinal cord injury, 2) receive support from others living with a spinal cord injury (formally or informally), and 3) be at least 18 years of age.

The survey can be completed online by following this anonymous link: https://carletonpsych.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_08N9MRRluqSwsTj

It can also be completed over the phone with assistance by the lead researcher: [email protected]

This study has received clearance by the Carleton University Research Ethics Board-B (114704) and is being supervised by Dr. Chris Davis ([email protected])

Thank you for your consideration and wishing everyone a wonderful week! :)