Clothes that fit good and feel good — Reeve Connect
Reeve Connect will be shut down on October 31, 2021, while we reimagine and refresh our community forum. Thank you for making Reeve Connect a place where all people living with paralysis come to share their stories, tips, and engage in lively discussions. Stay connected with Reeve as we explore new community platforms and bring you an updated site that will be easier to navigate and accessible for all people living with paralysis. You can follow the Reeve Foundation on social media and sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest news on our initiatives and programs.

Read more

Clothes that fit good and feel good

Brandilane1
Brandilane1 Member Posts: 21
10 Comments Photogenic
If you’ve read any of my posts before than you are probably aware that I try to simplify everything I can in my life as a way to preserve time and energy because let’s face it....energy is hard to come by for us. So when it comes to my wardrobe, my attitude is the same. About 10 years into my injury I found a pair of pants that I loved. They were cheap (target $15), durable, they’re easy to get on/off, they come up high enough that my behind doesn’t hang out and wave at the world and they are comfortable. (For those of you big into fashion, you may not like what’s coming next). I myself am not that much into fashion but into easy and comfortable. So I purchased 10 pairs of these pants. I already had favorite shirts, tanks, jackets and socks so I stocked up on them too.  All black. Period.  At that point in my life I was a bit fed up with “what I was going to wear today.”  Over time I started adding in bright colored sports bras (don’t even get me started on real bras) and hats so that maybe people would understand that I do bath daily!  

But after making the decision to wear basically the same outfit everyday I noticed a few other unexpected changes happened and I liked them. 

1.  I only have to do 2 loads of laundry once a week. I throw in all my dark clothes in one and all my sheets, blankets and towels in the other. Bam!  Laundry finished. 

2.  If I have an accident and need to change clothes, no one notices. 

3.  There is NO stress around fashion or getting dressed for me anymore. If I need to dress up I simple put on an uncomfortable dress shirt for a little while. 

4.  Wearing all black keeps my body from looking as lopsided as what it really is. 

#keepingitsimple
#easypeasy

Comments

• stephanie426
    stephanie426 Moderator Posts: 81 Moderator
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    I really love all the benefits you've experienced from wearing the same thing! Many successful people wear the same thing every day because it makes that task simpler so that they can focus on other tasks. 

As a color lover, I think I would struggle to wear black all of the time, but I love the idea of mixing things up with colorful sports bras. 

I am always on the hunt for cute shirts that are flattering on the tummy (because I swear, no matter how much I work out, my tummy is always looking like it needs a diet!). 

What are your go-to shirts? 
  • Brandilane1
    Brandilane1 Member Posts: 21
    10 Comments Photogenic
    My every day go to is this cheap hanes tank. I don’t dress up much so I really don’t have any favorites for dress shirts. Hanes Womens Live. Love. Color... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZYG9RSZ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
  • ambercollie
    ambercollie Moderator Posts: 191 Moderator
    100 Comments 25 Awesomes Second Anniversary 25 Likes
    That is interesting I have never thought of clothes that way. Funny thing I pretty much wear jeans and a T-shirt it’s my caregiver uniform haha