Looking for Volunteers for Paid Interviews on Vehicle Modification for People with Disabilities — Reeve Connect
Reeve en Español
Comunidad de información y apoyo para las personas que viven con parálisis y sus cuidadores en español.

Looking for Volunteers for Paid Interviews on Vehicle Modification for People with Disabilities

jamiekwon
jamiekwon Member Posts: 1
edited April 26 in Living with Paralysis

Looking for Volunteers for Paid Interviews on Vehicle Modification for People with Disabilities

Photo by: Braunability (https://www.braunability.com/)

Hello! My name is Jamie Kwon, and I am a third-year Ph.D. student at Rutgers University. My advisor, Professor Douglas Kruse, and I are currently studying access to vehicle modification for people with disabilities.

If you are a person with Spinal Cord Injury who owns or wishes to own a modified vehicle to drive or ride as a passenger, we would like to hear from you as a part of a research study. You will participate in a one-hour interview about these experiences and your experiences traveling to medical appointments, commuting to work, or looking for jobs.

In this study, we want to gain insights on what types of challenges people with SCI may face modifying their vehicles and how vehicle modifications can help people with SCI access healthcare services, social activities, and job opportunities. 

To participate in the study, you must be a person with SCI age between 18 and 64 and wish to own or own a modified vehicle to drive or ride as a passenger. Both people with SCI who currently have or wish to have a modified vehicle can apply. Participants will be compensated $50 for their time. All individual interview data will be strictly confidential.

To take part in the research study or for more information, please contact the researchers at the following email address: [email protected] or text 312-934-5116.

Thank you so much!

Jamie