What is your favorite everyday technology that makes life easier? — Reeve Connect
Reeve en Español
Comunidad de información y apoyo para las personas que viven con parálisis y sus cuidadores en español.

What is your favorite everyday technology that makes life easier?

stephanie426
stephanie426 Moderator Posts: 80 Moderator
10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
Do you have everyday technology in your life that makes your life easier as a wheelchair user? I do! Here's a few of my favorites:

1. Roomba. As a wheelchair user, I am terrible at vacuuming because I just can't seem to coordinate operating the vacuum with one hand while moving with the other hand, and not getting wrapped up in the cord. I just hate vacuuming. However, my Roomba has made my life so much easier. It vacuums the whole house and all I need to do is empty it!

2. Auto-lock on my front door. Sometimes I just don't feel like getting up to unlock the door - after all, getting up can be a real process when my arms are tired. The auto-lock on my front door allows me to unlock my front door with my phone, so if someone is coming to visit, I can let them in without ever getting up!

3. Smart thermostat. Ever wake up at night and you're too hot or too cold, but you just can't get out of bed? Yeah, me too. That's why I love my smart thermostat. I can change the temperature from my phone or with my voice. 

What about you? What are some of your favorite everyday technology items that help you as a wheelchair user?