Best Learned Lessons After Spinal Cord Injury...

WAGSofSCIWAGSofSCI Posts: 338Moderator Moderator
100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes First Answer
Okay, this topic should be loaded with goodness...

What is THE most important lesson/ skill/ or adaptation YOU have learned after Spinal Cord Injury that you believe  you may have not been exposed to or had the opportunity to gain otherwise. 

Super excited for ALL responses. 

We will start this one off... for example. We have learned how to be multi-taskers, even in the deepest part of the nights. :)

Elena

Your WAGS of SCI
(Elena and Brooke)

Comments

• ZcollieZcollie Posts: 209Moderator Moderator
    100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Likes Name Dropper
    One of the biggest things I have learned is to not sweat the small things. Life is to short to stress about everything that does not go our way. I also learned to live in and appreciate the present moment. I cant change the past and what happened to me. There is so much more, but I will leave it at that for now(: 
    Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be. -SONIA RICOTTI
  • BrittanyFrankBrittanyFrank Posts: 57Moderator Moderator
    10 Comments 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    The biggest lesson I've learned is that we get to choose our mood. Yes we need to grieve, feel the sorrow, loss, anger, depression etc. Then each and every day we get to choose how we will react. That doesn't mean we wont have frustrating moments. In the end we don't always get to choose what happens to us, but we do get to choose how we will react!

• ZcollieZcollie Posts: 209Moderator Moderator
    100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Likes Name Dropper
    Amen! @BrittanyFrank I completely agree with you. Couldn't have said it any better! 
    Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be. -SONIA RICOTTI
  • WAGSofSCIWAGSofSCI Posts: 338Moderator Moderator
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes First Answer
    Thank you to both of you for this!

It's so important and can be difficult to take that step back and realize that we do get to choose our mood. I can't say I understand but I try to keep in mind of this quote "Life is 10% what happens to us, and 90% how we choose to respond"....Thank you again for this you guys!

@Zcollie
    @BrittanyFrank
    Your WAGS of SCI
    (Elena and Brooke)