The future of Automobiles

garrisonreddgarrisonredd Posts: 130Moderator Moderator
25 Awesomes 25 Likes 10 Comments First Answer
Here is an article I found on the future innovations of automobiles
https://www.rollxvans.com/electric-self-driving-vehicles-future-wheelchair-vans/

Comments

• ZcollieZcollie Posts: 210Moderator Moderator
    100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Likes Name Dropper
    @garrisonredd I look forward to self-driving cars in the future. I think it will be a game changer for a lot of people with spinal cord injuries. I just hope they are safe and won't malfunction on us haha. 
    Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be. -SONIA RICOTTI
  • SterlionSterlion Posts: 84Moderator Moderator
    25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I personally enjoy driving but at times I can be to tired to have the energy. Its different when you can't split up the task and your arms do everything. Self driving vans would definitely be a game changer.
    @Sterlion I can see how actually driving can be nice. I have very intense body spasms and am currently in the  process of driving. I do worry about having a big spasm while I am driving, but I don't want to never drive because of them. Driving will give me some much more independence. I would feel a lot more comfortable in a self driving car. I am excited to see what happens in the future. 
    Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be. -SONIA RICOTTI
    @Zcollie do you know what causes your spams? I know if I move a certain way it can cause me to have spasms so I avoid that when driving. 
    @Sterlion Throughout the day my body just gets stiff and going over bumps will set them off. Sometimes they will just happen. I am going to try and start weaning myself off Baclofen because I feel like it does not do anything anymore. I heard from someone that it increased their spasms. I want to start taking CBD everyday and see if I notice a difference. Some days are not as bad as others. I do notice that the cold makes my body even more tight and stiff. I have been dealing with crazy body spasms since my accident happened 9 years ago. Sometimes I can control them and other times I cant..
    @Zcollie Do you stretch in the morning? That helps my spams a lot. Also working out helps my body stay loose to where spams don’t intrude my life. I haven’t ever had to take anything for them cause those things have kept them in control enough. 
    @Sterlion I do need to start stretching in the morning. I have heard from multiple people before who do that and they all say it helps. I do feel better after working out. it definitely helps my spasms, but around 2 hours later my body is tight again. I will try stretching in the morning, thanks.