Having a Sense of Humor (ft. a joke)

BrookeUBrookeU Posts: 176Moderator Moderator
100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Likes Photogenic
I wasn't sure where the best place for this post was, so I decided that it could go here since having a sense of humor is essential to my brother living his life. Something I left out of my DC posts (you can read those about our visit there by going to my profile) was this funny little thing that happened at a beer garden we went to.

We were looking over the menu, and my brother happened to order this beer (yes, it's boozy!). The description was too dang good. We couldn't stop laughing about it. I told him that should be his new motto about himself. It's the little things, isn't it?

Comments

• SterlionSterlion Posts: 84Moderator Moderator
    25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    That’s great haha. Having a sense of humor definitely makes life better. Even if I make some people uncomfortable sometimes. 
  • BrookeUBrookeU Posts: 176Moderator Moderator
    @Sterlion, my brother has been doing stand-up comedy lately, with a lot of his content making humor out of his life with SCI. I haven't seen him perform, but I'm sure that a lot of people who have aren't sure if they're "allowed" to laugh!
    @BrookeU I’m fine with them laughing, it’s when they want to make their own jokes that makes me want to say “hey, chill” 😅
  • Monica.TMonica.T Posts: 105Member ✭✭
    25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Having a sense of humor makes life's moments more fun. I once said to my son "Good thing you're on wheels 'cause this sure is an emotional roller-coaster".
    @Sterlion, definitely! It's absolutely one of those "it's only okay if you're the person experiencing it" kind of things. Can't cross that line!
    @Monica.T
    Haha "emotional rollercoaster". I'm going to have to use that one.
  • DJWheelyBarsDJWheelyBars Posts: 3Member
    First Comment
    When I’m at a bar drinking, my handlebars on the back always catch someone walking by. So I just started saying “so where are we going? 😏” It doesn’t always work lol but it’s always a funny ice breaker! 
  • WAGSofSCIWAGSofSCI Posts: 338Moderator Moderator
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes First Answer
    HAHA this is great. I think finding things to joke about and making fun of yourself in a classy way are two things that are important. Mostly because people take things way too seriously as it is so having a laugh can do so much for morale.

This is unrelated to the beer menu post BUT this comment is about humour in general in our household... 

I don't know what I would do without us having our senses of humour, I ALWAYS have to laugh about the little things and not sweat the small stuff. I try and turn bad situations at home (like accidents) into something we can chuckle about after or during depending on the severity of the sh*tty situation at hand  :D 

Sometimes he does NOT think things like him farting by accident are funny, but I always laugh and after a while, he doesn't get so embarrassed at things like that because he knows I get a kick out of them LOL

Maybe this is just a quad wife thing.... but I find potty humour pretty entertaining between my husband and I as I feel like it lightens everything up especially during the morning routines. He says to me he feels like a grown man who is a baby sometimes when it comes to how he has to get looked after.. so I find that joking about the things that make him insecure help to make us both happier in general.

- Brooke (WAGS of SCI)
    Your WAGS of SCI
    (Elena and Brooke)
    @DJWheelyBars, hahaha I love that!
    @WAGSofSCI, you're so right! Chris and I both have pretty sarcastic and dark senses of humor, so that's how we handle things! Potty humor is definitely a big part of our household, too. Since Chris was injured before I was born, I've grown up around suppository time; I'd just sit and talk to him or listen to music. It really was just bonding time since he had to be laying down for an hour or so! And how can you resist potty humor in those situations? :)